International Students

Is it possible to remove the taxes from awards and grants received from the university?

The United States has income tax treaties with a number of foreign countries where residents or citizens of foreign countries may be eligible to be taxed at a reduced rate or exempt from U.S. income taxes on certain items of income. First you have to check on your eligibility within the United States for possible tax treaty benefits. For information on the process to apply for these benefits please use this link.

Are there any forms beside the standard hiring documents that must be completed to work on campus?

If a student does not have a social security number, then the “F-1 Social Security On Campus Employment” form must be completed and submitted to the Office of Global Studies. After the student has completed the student portion of the form, then the department portion can be signed by your Program Officer. You can find the link to the form here along with additional employment information from OGS.