MA-in-Passing and Terminal MA

Can a MA degree be obtained in the program?

Students who have completed all course requirements are entitled to receive an MA in Government. In applying for the MA, you should indicate whether you wish to receive the MA-in-Passing (if you plan to proceed to fulfilling remaining requirements to receive the PhD), or the Terminal MA (if you are planning to leave the program without completing the requirements for, and receiving, the PhD). The same form is used in each case, and is available on the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences web site here; the form should be filled out and submitted, along with a copy of your transcript, to the DGS, who will approve and forward it to the Graduate School.