Thank you for your interest in the MA in Democracy and Governance at Georgetown University. Applicants come from a variety of academic backgrounds, including international relations/affairs, political science, English, and history. Others have academic experience in fields of study not directly related to their graduate school interests, such as engineering and music. Many also have work experience in international development, public policy, and communications, as well as overseas experience thanks to work or study.
The Office of Graduate Admissions is available to help you as you plan the next big step in your professional or academic career. Please read these important next steps in the admissions process. We look forward to receiving your application!
Fall 2021 Applications are currently closed.
- Connect with us: Provide us with your contact information or connect with us on social media so we can keep you informed about special events, on-line chats, and updates to the admissions process.
- Subscribe to our prospective student mailing list.
- Meet us: You can schedule a campus visit to sit in on a class or meet us in person, or join us for a G-Chat session during the admissions process. You can also meet us at one of several Graduate School Fairs across the country.
- Explore the Program: Explore our unique curriculum and approach to learning. Find out more about our individual faculty or our diverse student body and alumni.
- Learn about the Application Process: Explore our program statistics and become familiar with the application requirements. You should arrange to have your official transcripts, letters of recommendation, and standardized test scores arrive at Georgetown by the application deadline.
- Complete the online application: We look forward to receiving your online application. Please feel free to contact us with any question!
- Financial Aid: Learn about financial aid options and scholarship opportunities
Connect with us on Social Media